#US President Donald #Trump has sacked Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, one week after the BBC obtained emails revealing efforts by the #UAE to have him sacked at “a politically convenient time.”
In October 2017, it was revealed that UAE lobbyists were trying get Rex Tillerson fired because he wanted to de-escalate the Qatar crisis (they wanted more escalation).
I believe UAE/KSA have been a strong impetus behind Tillerson’s firing. Here starts a long thread about the *other* meddling scandal into US politics
- UAE wanted Trump elected and illegally funded his campaign
- UAE worked to establish Putin-Trump back channel
- UAE used Trump as a blunt instrument to attack Qatar
- UAE disliked Tillerson and wanted him fired
- Tillerson got fired six days before MBS is to visit DC
Former advisor of #UAE’s #MBZ is bragging about his country’s role in getting Rex #Tillerson fired by #Trump from @StateDept .
UAE Lobby Is Telling President To Fire Secretary Tillerson/ UAE Is Under Mueller's Purview
… via @GrondaMorin